These Stuffed Bell Peppers are an easy and healthy dinner recipe that you can make with a variety of filling options, including ground beef, turkey, rice, cheese, tomatoes, and more!
- 6 bell peppers, of roughly equal size
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground Italian sausage, spicy or mild
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce, I love Rao’s
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add 1 ½ cups water to a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Cut the tops of each pepper and remove the seeds/membranes.
Place the whole pepper top-side-down on the baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove water from the casserole dish once finished and set the peppers aside.
While the peppers steam, prepare the filling.