- 1 lb. shrimp, see notes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine, see notes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
Prepare the Shrimp
Measure out ingredients before beginning. Thaw the shrimp completely and pat the surface dry. You may also need to remove the shell, tail, and veins.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 1 minute + 20 seconds per side. (Use a timer to avoid overcooking). Tilt the pan to transfer the shrimp onto a clean plate. Note that they’ll cook a little bit more as they sit, and again when added back to the sauce.