If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy holiday sangria recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
- 2 bottles white wine I used Riesling & Pinot Grigio
- 12 ounces ginger beer plus more for topping, if desired
- ¼ cup pear brandy
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 bartlett pears thinly sliced
- 1 pound cranberries fresh or frozen, plus more for garnish
- 3-4 star anise pods
- Rosemary for garnish
- Add the pears and cranberries to a large pitcher. Pour in wine, brandy, and sugar and stir. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, pour into chilled glasses. Top off with more ginger beer, if desired. Garnish with rosemary, an anise pod, and frozen cranberries to keep it cold.