This Instant Pot Amish Baked Oatmeal is hearty and healthy! Nothing like traditional oatmeal, this contains eggs (or egg replacements) and is more like a muffin than a bowl of oatmeal. Add your favorite mix-ins like bananas, blueberries, strawberries, or chocolate chips and top with syrup or peanut butter for a filling breakfast!
- 4 cups oatmeal I use rolled oats. You can also substitute some of the oats with Coach’s Oats or dry quinoa.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 eggs or egg replacement
- 2 ¾ cups almond milk unsweetened and unflavored
- Add oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla to a large bowl. Add eggs or egg replacement and almond milk and stir well.
- If you’re adding fruit or chocolate chips, go ahead and add them in now.
- Transfer your baked oatmeal to an oven safe dish and loosely cover it with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot. Place the oatmeal on a trivet and lower it into the pot.
- Cook your Baked Oatmeal for 50 minutes on high pressure. Don’t forget to seal your valve!
- Allow the pot to naturally release pressure. If it’s taking longer than 10 minutes, feel free to do a quick release at the 1 minute mark.
- Remove oatmeal and remove the foil from the top. Serve and enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 350º and follow steps one through three above.
- Place your foil covered 8 inch dish in the oven and allow it to cook for 40-50 minutes. Remove the foil and allow it to cook for 5-10 minutes more.
- Tip: You’ll be able to tell when this recipe is done because the center of the oatmeal will not be soft and full of liquid.