Fever blisters are also known as cold sores. Fever blisters are generally caused by herpes simplex type 1 virus. Around mouth, an outbreak usually occurs and typically heals within three weeks.
Fever blisters can be a pain in the ass for lifelong, as the virus causes fever blisters can remain dormant in your body throughout your whole life. The reasons by which outbreaks get triggered are:
- Overexposure to sunlight
- Hormonal changes
- Weak immune system
- Stress or a
- Trauma to the skin
Fever blisters can be painful and accompanied by burning sensations and tingling along with inflammation and swelling.
They usually appear as a group of tiny, white blisters and typically manifest on the same area or spot whenever the virus gets activated. Having fever blisters can be a very painful situation and can even spin your beauty also.
There are so many over the counter medicines available for fever blisters available in the market but those medicines are not always effective and can have side effects also.
These medicines take a lot of time to cure fever blisters. Instead of using any sort of medicine you can try out simple, natural home remedies which will help you to provide relief from fever blisters in a week.
To get the best results from these home remedies, start using them as soon as you feel any initial tingling sensation. It will help in reducing the severity and duration of an outbreak.
Here are top home remedies to treat the fever blisters:
Whole milk is a very simple treatment for fever blisters as it whole milk contains calcium and immunoglobulin’s which does help in fighting with those viruses which causes fever blisters.
Not only this, it contains a type of fat which is known to monocarp in with antiviral properties. Whole milk also helps in improving the healing process.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in whole milk, then apply the milk gently on the affected area. Leave it there for 10 minutes. The cold milk will help in soothing the tingling sensation and reducing the pain. Try this several times a day for a week.
- Plus, drink a glass of warm milk with one teaspoon of turmeric added to it. Drink this two times a day for a week. Turmeric will help in reducing the pain which is associated with fever blisters.
Tea tree oil:
Tea tree oil contains antiviral properties which help in treating the fever blisters as quickly as possible. It helps in reducing the tingling sensations immediately.
- Dilute tea tree oil with water in the ratio of 1:3 oil and water respectively. Apply this diluted tea tree oil on the affected area by using a cotton ball at least three times a day. Within a week the fever blisters should heal completely.
- Alternatively, take an equal amount of olive oil and tea tree oil and mix them well. Add a little bit of eucalyptus oil in this mixture. Now apply this solution on the blisters for three times a day for a week.
A cold compress helps in reducing the pain significantly as well as redness and swelling associated with fever blisters. It will also prevent the fever blister from spreading.
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap them in a washcloth.
- Put it over the targeted area for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process for every 2-3 hours.
- After every session, apply a thick layer of lemon balm ointment to the affected area.
CLICK NEXT TO READ MORE …..