What is a Fungal Infection?
Fungal infection is the formation of ringworm(1) or Tineacoporis that breeds on dead issues which may affect your skin, nails, hair, scalp, fingers, hands, feet, private parts, etc.
What causes fungal infections?
- Attack of fungus or yeast
- Allergic reaction
- Sexual intercourse
- Excessive moisture
- Weak immune system
- Stress or tension
- Poor nutrition
- Contact with another contagion
- Certain medications
What are the signs and symptoms of fungal infection?
Fungal infection symptoms include:
- Burning and itching
- Scaling, cracking and peeling of the skin
- Blisters, softening, and redness of the skin
- Breaking down of the skin
- Formation of ringworms
- Skin getting tender and painful at the affected areas
What are the different types of fungal infections?
- Oral thrush
- Yeast infection
- Diaper rash
- Athlete’s foot
- Nail fungus
As now you have a better understanding of the conditions of fungal infection, it will be easier to work on its treatment. Here are listed a few natural remedies for fungal infection right at your home without any over the counter medications.
1. Home Remedies
Garlic has magical properties that work well for all kinds of fungal infections.
Benefits of garlic
Garlic is abundant in antifungal compounds. It reduces the growth of yeast in the affected area and works on alleviating the growth or spreading of fungus on the body.
How to use?
- Crush the cloves of garlic and add water to it
- Make a thick paste and apply it on the affected areas
- Let it stay for about ten minutes
- Wash off with regular water
- Use the same paste two times a day
If you are allergic to garlic, do not go for this remedy.
Plain yogurt has good bacteria in it along with rejuvenating powers to heal the skin.
How to use?
- Take plain yogurt in a bowl
- Apply it on your scalp and massage lightly
- Let it stay there for about half an hour
- Wash off with a mild shampoo
- Continue to do so two times a week.
Benefits of yogurt
Yogurt works on combatting the yeast both externally and internally. Along with adding it to your diet, you can as well apply it on the affected site to reduce the inflammation and treat the yeast infection.
Make sure you do not have any open cuts on your scalp. If you are allergic to yogurt, do not use it. Use only plain yogurt and not flavored.
Here are the best foods & worst foods for fungal infection2. Herbal Treatment
A) Green Tea
Wondering how green tea can be one amongst the many fungal infection natural remedies(2)? Green tea is not only useful to drink but is also a potent remedy amongst other natural remedies as it is abundant in antioxidants.
How to use?
- Brew the green tea as usual in boiling water Strain and consume
- You can also add honey or lemon juice to enhance the taste of the tea
- You can also use the warm tea bags to apply on the affected area of your body
- Repeat the same three times a day
CLICK NEXT TO READ MORE …..