The 4-6 days when women are on their period are their worst in a month. This is a depressing and painful time for any woman, so it’s important to know how to stay healthy during the period. Besides keeping your hygiene in check, these are the 9 habits you should avoid during your menstrual cycle:
- Change your pads more often – wearing the same one for the whole day may cause infections. We recommend changing them every 3-5 hours.
- If you’re feeling a lot of pain, make sure to cancel your appointment for root canal or waxing at that time. Avoid any painful activities during your period.
- Having sex while on your period increases the risk of infections, so it’s better to wait until it passes.
- Doing strenuous workouts during your period can take a toll on your health.
- Don’t skip meals when on your period – this will make you lose energy and blood. You should eat 3 proper meals and snack on something in between for best results.
- Avoid eating in the middle of the night as your body won’t be able to digest fat properly while you sleep, which will result in weight gain.
- Menstrual cramps can be painful, but properly resting overnight and relaxing yourself will surely help.
- Avoid consuming dairy products as they can worsen the cramps due to the presence of arachidonic acid.
- Don’t watch depressing movies or listen to depressing music while on your period.
source : http://healthyandbeauty.online/9-bad-habits-that-you-must-break-during-periods/