The presence of a vaginal odor is always embarrassing for a woman. It will not only affect the woman’s general and overall health, but it can also affect her self-esteem and confidence. Vagina is an important aspect of a woman’s life considering that it is essential in giving healthy birth, healthy marriage, and relationship. So what happens now if you have vaginal odor then? Can you still get rid of this awful and stressful condition? Yes, you can. There are different natural remedies to get rid of vaginal odor. Here are five that can truly help.
Common Causes Of Vaginal Odor
There are many causes of vaginal odor that women must be aware of. These causes include but not limited to:
- Menstruation. Menstruation is probably the most common reason why vaginal odor occurs especially if you have a poor hygiene and if you engage in sexual acts during that time of the month. Some are using chemical douche to suppress the odor, but experts do not recommend using such because it can cause bacterial infection by disrupting your body’s natural pH level.
- Sweat accumulation. Sweat glands are present in your vaginal area as well. An accumulation of sweat on your vaginal area may cause it t develop a bad odor. Hence, it is important that you maintain proper hygiene to clean off this accumulated sweat.
- Sexual acts. Sexual activities can lead to the development of vaginal odor especially if you are allergic to bedroom products used. The presence of semen in your vagina can also alter the pH level causing it to emit a foul odor. Sexually transmitted diseases are also leading factors as to why women emit a strong fishy odor, and this will obviously need proper treatment.
- Changes in the hormones. Hormonal changes during menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause will cause vaginal odor with a bad-smelling watery discharge. To help treat this, there are topical creams available through prescription.
- Watch out what you eat as this can also cause some vaginal discharges and odor too. Spicy foods with lots of chilies and peppers may increase your vaginal discharge, and this will, in turn, increase the odor associated with it. Other foods suggested by a research study that increases vaginal odor occurrence include broccoli, blue cheese, cabbage, garlic, onion, and fish.
CLICK NEXT TO READ MORE …..