If You Notice Any of These Signs, Don’t Ignore Them- They Could Be Early Signs of Breast Cancer

Spread the love

The statistics are alarming. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and there are more than 3.1 million women with a history of breast cancer in the U.S.  For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer. Over 40,000 women in the U.S. are expected to die in 2017 from breast cancer, though death rates have been decreasing since 1989. The good news is that breast cancer incidence rates in the U.S. began decreasing in the year 2000.

Given the prevalence of this disease in the U.S. and worldwide, it is crucial to arm yourself with knowledge about the warning signs, symptoms and prevention strategies.  

Types of Breast Cancer

According to Dr. David Weintritt, board-certified breast surgeon and founder of the National Breast Center Foundation, there are two primary types of breast cancer:

  1. Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
  2. Invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC).

Approximately 20 percent of breast cancers are noninvasive (DCIS), while the other 80 percent are invasive.

CLICK NEXT TO READ MORE …..