Canker sores, also called aphthous ulcers, are small, shallow lesions that grow on the soft tissues of the mouth or at the base of the gums. They are painful, and makes it difficult to eat and talk. Baking soda, known as sodium bicarbonate generally comes in powder form. Here we described some effective homemade ways to use baking soda for canker sore relief.
Does Baking Soda Help Canker Sores?
There are innumerable uses of baking soda. As it has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal antiseptic properties, it does aid in reducing canker sores.
- Canker sores can be sometimes caused by eating a lot of acidic food. Baking soda aids in neutralizing the achis and re balance the pH level.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It can help in reducing the swelling and inflammation of canker sores.
- It is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. It can protect the sores from infection and improve overall health of the mouth.
- It stimulates fresh breath.
- A paste made out of baking soda can also acts as a shield, protecting the sores from further aggravation.
How To Use Baking Soda for Canker Sore?
Baking soda has antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which becomes effective in the treatment of canker sores.
1. Baking Soda Mouth Rinse for Canker Sores:
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- ½ cup of water
Preparation time: 2 minutes.
How to do:
- Add 1/2 tsp of baking soda into ½ cup of water.
- Instead of consuming the mixture, you just have to swish it in your mouth for about a minute and spit it out.
Note: Be careful not to swallow it.
How it works: The swelling and redness will be reduced due to the inflammatory properties present in baking soda.
Repetitions: Once in a day.
CLICK NEXT TO READ MORE …..