It’s estimated that as many as 25 million Americans have a thyroid problem, and half of them have no idea that they do. Hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid, accounts for 90% of all thyroid imbalances.
The thyroid, a butterfly-shaped gland in the center of your neck, is the master gland of metabolism. How well your thyroid is functioning is inter-related with every system in your body. If your thyroid is not running optimally, then neither are you.
10 Signs of an Underactive Thyroid
- Fatigue after sleeping 8 to 10 hours a night or needing to take a nap daily
- Weight gain or the inability to lose weight
- Mood issues such as mood swings, anxiety, or depression
- Hormone imbalances such as PMS, irregular periods, infertility, and low sex drive
- Muscle pain, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, or tendonitis
- Cold hands and feet, feeling cold when others are not, or having a body temperature consistently below 98.5
- Dry or cracking skin, brittle nails and excessive hair loss
- Mind issues such as brain fog, poor concentration, or poor memory
- Neck swelling, snoring, or hoarse voice
CLICK NEXT TO READ MORE …..